I’m curious. What are the, say, top 5 things you associate with me?
Can be a tumblr user, a book, movie, character, actor etc.
Does anyone else lie in bed at 2:30am filled with the crippling fear that they’re never going to accomplish anything in life and fail miserably or is that just me
G.D Anderson (via fawcettstudent)
I really love this quote. And I think it is very useful when thinking about female characters in media.
The idea that we need to “make women stronger” is exactly the problem with the “Strong Female Character” trope.This idea that every single lady in a film must be a gun wielding, kung fu master assassin bad ass with a boy and arrow is fundamentally flawed.
Because, yes, we do need more female characters who can kick ass and take names.
But we also need narratives that focus on and empower female characters who are strong in other ways. You don’t need to make a dragon infested castle explode to be an empowered and empowering female character.
- don’t you think he is clever.
- Run moffat from your haters
- Moffat is a clever boy
- Moffat Stans
- leave moffat alone
- Steven not sexist Moffat
- Steven *reasserts sexuality* Moffat
- Steven *plot hole* Moffat
- Steven *thinks rape culture is funny* Moffat
- Steven *How do i even have a job* Moffat
- Steven *misunderstand the message of the Doctor* Moffat
- Steven *women like it when you treat them like it’s 1940’s* Moffat
- Steven *oh look at that shiny CGI and not the plot hole * Moffat
- Steven *asexuals are boring* Moffat
- Steven *women are two dimensional being with no interest in rational emotional responses* Moffat
i could go on but i have to get ready for class
Why do I need feminism?
So people will stop posting and making shit like this. So people will stop degrading women just so they can have a few laughs.
If this doesn’t make you mad and make you disgusted then I honestly don’t know what will.
If the multiverse theory is true, then there’s a universe where it isn’t.
Multiverse theory doesn’t cover paradoxical situations
Except in the universe where it does
Okay, this is actually what you do if you’re being sexually harassed in any kind of public space. Draw attention to it, preferably pull away and let EVERYONE know that someone is touching you. This will not only get him to get off you but he’ll definitely think about this situation next time he wants to do something like this.
Spreading the word.