leeandlow submitted to medievalpoc:
The Diversity Gap in the highest grossing science fiction and fantasy films. Sad, right? You can see the full study here.
from the infographic:
Among the top 100 domestic grossing films:
- only 8% of films star a protagonist of color
- of the 8 protagonists of color, all are men; 6 are played by Will Smith and 1 is a cartoon character (Aladdin)
- 0% of protagonists are women of color
- 0% of protagonists are LGBTQ
- 1% of protagonists are people with a disability
Favorite Celebrity Meme - [4/5] outfits
Why Guys Like Asian Girls - Anna Akana
Everyone needs to watch this video. Now.
100% on point especially about men thinking that having “yellow fever” is a compliment and we’re supposed to be flattered by it. It’s the #1 way to parade around your blatant racism.
I want to be friends with her!
Magical words spoken so succinctly and eloquently yeaaaaaay!
What do you think love is?
Suzanne’s answer, though. The rest of them made me smile, or laugh, or say “aww.” But Suzanne’s answer literally had me in tears.
“I’m sorry. This is the first time I’ve hired a maid.”
The only woman on this movie whom I saw fit to raise a child, and she was the only one who couldn’t.
WOW THAT COMMENT WASN’T OKAY
Happy 65th birthday, Roger Meddows Taylor! (26 July 1949)
I wonder what I’ll have for breakfast tomorrow?
Maybe a hot, fresh bowl of not at Comic Con
what’s the point of being a fan if you’re not a critical one? what’s the point of absorbing media without the intention of analyzing it? i don’t understand why some people wholeheartedly defend their faves’ flaws and shortcomings, when pointing out and not supporting your faves’ problematic aspects DOES NOT MAKE YOU ANY LESS OF A FAN BUT MAKES YOU AN ENGAGED AND AWARE CONSUMER
Line breaks: soul|matePronounciation: /ˈsəʊlmeɪt
- A person who strongly resembles another in attitudes or beliefs
- A person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner.